Monday, November 28, 2011

The Beginning

I've decided to create a separate blog dedicated to my IT exploits. I realized that having one will allow me to chronicle, as the title goes, my undertakings in this vast and fast changing world of IT. Being a professional for 15 years now, I have been exposed to a lot of ITs growth (pun intended). Downside, my exposure has been limited to my present employer's account and personal day-to-day discoveries.

So for now, the topics I'd like to cover are IT solutions that are on-going and/or prospective specific to my environment. Of course, this blog is in no way meant to expose the IT infrastructure of the entity that I pledged to secure & protect in the first place. Also, this is not meant to recommend anything of sorts tech related, although there are probably bits and pieces that are worth sharing or learning from as I go.

Here are some of the topics I'd expect myself to write about:

- Server operating systems (more of Windows, a bit of Linux)
- Desktop operating system (Windows, a bit of Mac OS)
- Mobile OS (android, a bit of IOS)
- Business solutions (ERP, BI)
- Desktop & mobile apps
- Firewall (Fortinet)
- Antivirus
- Network / wireless solutions (routers, access points etc)
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- Software services (NMS, helpdesk system etc)
- Storage & DR Solutions (EMC Avamar, EMC SAN etc)
- Utilities
- Games

I wish to keep on and continue to extend my endeavor & enthusiasm in this field that I chose where I hope to get better no less. But to set the record straight, I'm no expert in this field. I just happen to be of no interest in any specialization because I believe it limits one's flexibility. I even skipped the chance of free certifications probably due to lack of confidence or I have no free time at all. Some of the certifications I find though are just paper. It's sad to be known that even this can be now be faked or work-arounds exist to easily get them (leaked exams etc). Anyway, the so called experts (true or not) are found everywhere after all. In fact, we can reach them in just a couple of search strings and through a bit use of common-sense. (hint: G--g-e)

Lastly, in the hope of keeping me sane from the demands of "it", this blog finally came to exist.

ArnoldO

No comments:

Post a Comment